Summer Sun (Something's Begun)

4:00:00 PM

IMG_5434
My sisters and I are usually absolute fiends for summer outings! But this season slipped through our fingers. We crammed three trips into one day to make up for it.
First stop was the Chicago History Museum! We're members!

IMG_5387
(I never pass up a chance to leave a little of myself in a museum.)

IMG_5500
No one would call my look for the day practical. I haven't worn this dress since my Senior Ball! Perhaps I didn't tone it down any by adding flats, a denim button-up, and an enormous sunhat. More of a dressing down!

IMG_5495
(We have Siobhan to thank for these shots!)
IMG_5578
Next we hit up Lincoln Park Zoo for the express purpose of visiting the baby camel. It was too hot for his tastes, I guess, because he never emerged! At least we got to hang out near some seals.

IMG_5647
And finally North Ave. Beach! This is the first summer in a long time that I haven't bought a new suit.IMG_5639
This is the dependable Esther Williams suit everyone has. I bought it from Modcloth last summer at a fairly steep discount and while it's not my favorite ever, it's cute and a good fit.
IMG_5689
This picture includes empty soda bottles and ratty old bathroom towels, so I was in no danger of being too glamorous.

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Dress: Traveling Cake Pop Dress by ModCloth
Shoes: Earth
Shirt: Free bin
Glasses: Some junk brand on Amazon
Hat: Garage sale

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe